Please introduce yourself!

(Marc) #24

Hi Nicolas! Just finding the time to get on here and add my own introduction - excited to finally start building this community :slight_smile:.

(Robert) #25

Discourse with a dark theme. Excellent choice.

I’m the documentation department at Striim. After years of lobbying, I finally persuaded the developers to use Swagger, so now it’s my problem.

What are you working on right now?

Generating first-rate documentation from a swagger.yaml file.

Where can we find you on the internet?

What is your favorite public facing API documentation?

As a tech writer, I don’t use them, but as someone who has written a lot of them, I was quite impressed with Tech Soft 3D’s.

Do you have any Stoplight related projects you can share?

Not yet. I’ll be pushing to make all our APIs public.

What is your favorite emoji or GIF?

Cats or dogs?

(Vincenzo Chianese) #26

Hello everybody — I am glad to be another one on the pirate ship!

A little bit about myself — my name is Vincenzo Chianese, I am an Italian born Software Developer but I’ve been living away from my country for the last 4 years. I am currently based in Spain although I travel regularly, mostly for conferences.

For the last 13 months I’ve been developing and maintaining an open source API Gateway written in Javascript, Express Gateway, which is having a decent amount of success. In StopLight I’m still in the on boarding process but right now I am helping the team to come up with some new internal data structures that will make StopLight move to the next level.

Where can we find you on the internet? (Your blog, Twitter, GitHub, projects website, etc)

GitHub, Twitter and personal website that I do not really update

The best one I saw so far is definitely the Stripe one. It makes you want to build an application and accept payments just for the sake of doing it.

Do you have any Stoplight related projects you can share? (APIs built on Stoplight, documentation, open source, etc)

Not yet. I hope to have some of these soon.

firecomputer

Fun fact: I was using this GIF that many times in my previous gig that my coworkers gave me an hand made one as a gift:

Cats or dogs?

Dogs. I do not really like cats.

(Brian) #27

Hi all!

I’m Brian Rock and I’m the Director of Engineering for Stoplight! Here’s a bit about me! Please feel free to reach out directly if you need anything :slight_smile:

Helping to make Stoplight Engineering a world class engineering organization and continue to provide excellent products for our awesome users!

Twitter - brianmrock
Blog - Medium (coming soon)

I’d have to say Stripe, nice and clean and easy to navigate.

Ha, just watch in the coming releases, it’s going to be excellent!

I’m a big fan of custom slack emoji’s - :coolio: is my current favorite :slight_smile:

Golden Retrievers for sure. Just lost one of my two Golden’s though :(, but I am starting to think of adding dog number 2 to my family and am on the fence between another Golden or a Burnese Mountain Dog

This is my current Golden - Apollo

(Chelsea) #28

Hello Everyone! My name is Chelsea Hohmann and I’m a new addition to the Stoplight team as of November and I’m happy to be here and “meet” all of you!

Right now I’m working on the backend components for analyzing API specifications.

Where can we find you on the internet? (Your blog, Twitter, GitHub, projects website, etc)

Here’s my Github profile and you can also find me on LinkedIn

I’m pretty new to the API space, so wouldn’t say I have a favorite. I will say that good documentation makes a world of difference when trying to use an API.

Do you have any Stoplight related projects you can share?

Not at the moment. But, be on the look out for some cool stuff coming from Stoplight!

partyBlob

Cats or dogs?

Dogs all the way. I have two dogs right now: a black lab mix, and a great dane. My life goal is to never meet a dog that doesn’t like me. I’ve been slowly winning over my friend’s apprehensive dog for the past year, and it’s one of my greatest achievements.

Here’s a picture of my boys, just because they’re cute. And it shows off my great dane’s abs:

I’m Nicolas

I’m getting into functionalities from Stoplight for defining API First practices. Really stuck on mocking!

I think LinkedIn
https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasafonsoalonso/

Right now only sample ones for recording videos for demos, but I’ll be glad to share if anyone were interested

Right now this one… https://raw.githubusercontent.com/stoplightio/docs/develop/assets/gifs/mock-hello-prism.gif how I wish to make it work :frowning:

People :slight_smile:

(Taylor Barnett) #30

Hey @nicolas.afonso, happy to have you here! I’ll reach out to see if we can get you unstuck.

It looks there was a kind of temporary issue on past 14th (St Valentine’s day :wink: ) in the morning of Rocky Mountains Time zone, because the day after I was able to make it work smoothly and nicely.

I’m liking Stoplight a lot… specially the testing features. Could you drive me please to some deep dives on testing for stoplight? I would really appreciate it

(Rdiepenbrock) #32

Hello all. My name is R.J. Diepenbrock and I am a web developer at Mailgun Technologies, Inc.

• What are you working on right now?
    Building Mailgun’s documentation in Stoplight.
  • What is your favorite public facing API documentation?
    Stripe or Twilio
  • Do you have any Stoplight related projects you can share? (APIs built on Stoplight, documentation, open source, etc)
    It’s in progress…
  • What is your favorite emoji or GIF?
    :wine_glass: :tropical_drink:

(Sergio Villamor) #33

Hi everybody here, I’m Sergio.

I’m a Solution Architect (Oooooh!) from Spain, across the big pond, at atSistemas. Really excited to be here, eager to learn a lot, to see and apprehend from wiser people.

• Right now I’m involved in some API Management projects, API First and microservices architectures. I’d like to find here a way to mock, test and check.

• You can find something about my professional ‘me’ at linkedIn.

• Humm. My favorite API docs… I’m from ‘old school’ development, so these new ways to doc APIs… Hehehe I enjoy them as in a playground. I like most of them and love a few (Google, Plaid, Stripe…). Not only for what they do but for what they mean. From here and into the future. Buf! Pretty impressive.

• Not yet any Stoplight to share, but I will.

• Preferred emojis, :exploding_head: and :crazy_face:, no doubt.

• I plead dog-and-dragon-guilty, Your Honour.

It’s indeed my pleasure to be here and part of this community. Cheers!

(Vincenzo Chianese) #34

Sergio! I live in Madrid as well and I work for Stoplight! Would you like to connect somehow? I run multiple initiatives here and in Barcelona you’d maybe interested to get involved :slight_smile:
@sergio.vo

(Sergio Villamor) #35

Hi there Vincenzo!
Sure, that sounds great! @vncz