Please introduce yourself!

(Taylor Barnett) #1

Welcome to the Stoplight Community!

This topic is a continuous introduction thread. We’d love for everyone to introduce themselves. Since introductions are tricky and it’s hard to decide what to tell people about yourself, here are a few questions you could answer, pick a few to share:

• What are you working on right now?
  • Where can we find you on the internet? (Your blog, Twitter, GitHub, projects website, etc)
  • What is your favorite public facing API documentation?
  • Do you have any Stoplight related projects you can share? (APIs built on Stoplight, documentation, open source, etc)
  • What is your favorite emoji or GIF?
  • Cats or dogs? (Photos of your own are totally acceptable responses too.)

Post your reply below. We’re glad you are here! :wave:

(Robbins) #5

Hey Taylor. Thanks for getting the thread started! Psyched to get involved with the community.

• I’m one of the content/technical writers here at Stoplight. I am currently spending most of my time working on documentation for Stoplight.

• If you ever want to find me, pop over to stoplight.io and give me a shout. I’ll find ya.

• Oooo. Tough one. Let’s see. Twilio for innovative navigation and interesting styling. Love Tyk for straight-up style. I’m a bit biased here but SendGrid’s docs are also just solid all around.

• A couple little projects here and there. Although, very very soon we will be publishing our new documentation in Hubs. Super pumped about that.

• Anything with Sloths or sloth related. Right now I’m on this one https://media.giphy.com/media/xT4uQBNEr2CFjaV84M/giphy.gif

• Sloths not being an option, got to go dog. All day.

(Ross McDonald) #6

Hey Taylor! Thanks for getting this started. I’m really excited to get more involved with the Stoplight community.

To provide some information about myself, I am currently a software developer at Stoplight, with a focus on Prism, some of our back-end services, and infrastructure/dev-ops. Now to the questions…

What are you working on right now?

At the moment I’m working on the next iteration of Stoplight’s text editor, specifically around supporting markdown and (in the future) other custom elements.

Where can we find you on the internet? (Your blog, Twitter, GitHub, projects website, etc)

The best way to find me would be through my Github profile, which includes my email.

What is your favorite public facing API documentation?

Apart from Stoplight’s, I think Stripe has some of the best developer documentation around (in both functionality and aesthetics). The API documentation for Github, Twilio, SendGrid, and Digital Ocean are also great and well designed.

Do you have any Stoplight related projects you can share?

Nothing that I can share just yet, but we are working on open-sourcing some of the tools we’ve built to support Stoplight’s back-end that I think the community will find useful. Stay tuned for more updates soon.

Cats or dogs?

I like both, but I prefer cats. Much easier to take care of, and much better at pair programming. :cat:

(Thomas Pytleski) #7

Let’s do this, excited to meet the community.

• I lead the prism development here at Stoplight. But I feel like I work on everything here. Been around for a long time.

• Github/Twitter/Xbox: @pytlesk4, I am always intercom as well. Really only interested in beating you in Rocket League and FIFA.

• Instead of favorite documentation, going to list out some interesting projects instead.

• I created a project of common prism use cases: https://next.stoplight.io/stoplight/prism, as soon as I get a little more time I am going to add some more, I have a giant list going. Would love some feedback from the community. Really want to beef up the record/replay prism instance.

• I also created TrumpRolled, I built it to illustrate the power of scenarios. Also, I prank called Marc like 50 times and he had no idea. It was awesome. I took down the site for the most part but left grumpy cat up, if you want to see how I did it check out the tutorial branch: https://github.com/pytlesk4/trumprolled

• I also wanted to mess around with lambda and OpenCV, so I built a cat face finder lambda: https://github.com/pytlesk4/catface

• I am all over the place, but def cat gifs. I also like to make my own. I do realize that I am the only that likes them most of the time. Like this one of my son: https://giphy.com/gifs/funny-baby-dbz-l396DbjoIoyzqHUnC

• Dogs over everything. I only like cat gifs, really dislike actual cats. I have a cat that I am trying to give away so if you are looking please reach out.

• I also really like bears, I wish I could have one as a pet.

(Nicholas Cassera) #8

Hey everyone, I really look forward to interacting with the Stoplight community!

A little about myself, I am originally from New Jersey and recently moved on down to Texas. I was picked up by Stoplight shortly after and it has been history ever since! I am presently the youngest developer on the team and my primary focus is on the Front-End, but help out wherever needed. I like the way @ross formatted his introduction so I am going to follow his lead.

Right now I’m working on making the release the best that it can possibly be and help iron out any bugs!

Where can we find you on the internet? (Your blog, Twitter, GitHub, projects website, etc)

I use @casserni for majority of my online handles, but have a pretty small internet presence. Feel free to check out my Github (it’s pretty scarce) for more info.

I am definitely still the new kid on the block when it comes to API’s so I don’t have any favorites yet, but I am constantly learning and finding new things. Feel free to message me anything you find helpful or cool my way!

No projects built with Stoplight yet, but after the official release of v3 I hope to use the platform to work some interesting side projects. I’ll make sure to keep everyone updated in the Show & Tell section.

What is your favorite emoji or GIF?

There are dinosaur emojis on here which is pretty sweet. :t_rex: :sauropod: https://giphy.com/gifs/dancing-dinosaur-t-rex-3rgXBvnbXtxwaWmhr2

Cats or dogs?

Definitely prefer dogs! Growing up we had the most adorable yorkies, Hayley and Comet :comet:

I can’t wait to read everyone’s introductions and meet new members of the community! :wave:

(Taylor Barnett) #9

Hi - I’m Taylor! :wave:

I’m the first Community Engineer at Stoplight.

I’m working on a ton of new things, a few of them are: this forum(!), understanding the OpenAPI Specification tooling landscape, new blog post and talk ideas helping people build APIs faster, a couple of GitHub bots that help improve the language we use.

I’m taylor_atx on Twitter/Medium and tbarn on GitHub.

Some of my favorite documentation hidden gems sites are:

My favorite GIF is this one:

Corgi GIF

Cats or dogs? Dogs, any day. I’ll be getting one in June and will share photos.

Feel free to ping me about anything Stoplight or forum related.

(Jason Shao) #10

Hi everyone,

I’m just a user these days - super excited to meet other people changing the interwebs one API at a time. I’m also happy to ask for all kinds of features or complain about things I can’t get to work :slight_smile: I’m particularly interested in how you use APIs to gain transparency and collaboration across teams - whether those teams are internal or external, using services or data, in the present or in the future :).

Building platforms for programmatic monetization at Intersection, to transform public and urban spaces

You can find seldomly updated entries listed under jayshao most anywhere

I really liked Parse, when that was still a thing…

Do you have any Stoplight related projects you can share? (APIs built on Stoplight, documentation, open source, etc)

We prototyped the designs of our last project in stoplight… which will probably see the light of day someday

I plead the 5th

Cats or dogs? (Photos of your own are totally acceptable responses too.)

Not sure I’m responsible enough for a dog yet…

(Jflyer) #11

Hi, I am one of the “fine” developers at AppointmentPlus. I usually stick with back-end development, but have been involved on some front-end projects.

I am working on the next major API version for the company.

Where can we find you on the Internet

I usually avoid the Internet but @JoshFlyer someplaces.

No sure. The last one I consumed was Emma.

Do you have any Stoplight related projects you can share? (APIs built on Stoplight, documentation, open source, etc)

Working on it.

I guess the thumbs up (although I hate using emojis in general.)

!Cats

(L33tstealth) #12

Hello Everyone, Taylor thank you for the invitation and I am excited to be part of the Stoplight community. I look forward to sharing and learning from the community.

A little bit about myself, I currently work for SYNQ.fm, we offer online video services to content providers and content distributors. A few things that I do are: developer support/customer success, QA (automation and manual), technical operations, API documentation and a few others as needed.

Currently, working on creating starter guides for the new services we are offering as well as updating our documentation on Stoplight.

Where can we find you on the internet?

A lot of my time is spent creating tickets in GitHub for our development team as well as creating automated tests in Runscope.

There is definitely more than one, in no particular order from the ones I have used I would say these: Stripe, SendGrid, Stoplight and GitHub.

Last year I wanted to backup SYNQ’s OAS spec file from Stoplight into a GitHub repo. After trying a few different things, I figured it out and then blogged about it here.

:sweat_smile:

Cat or dogs?

I like both and generally all animals do gravitate towards me haha. I also did grow up with a German shepherd.

(Varindersingh) #13

Hello Everyone,

Taylor thanks for the invite and I look forward to being part of this community. A bit about myself, I’m currently working as an API Architect (Contract) for IAG, a major Insurance Company in New Zealand and am also the co–founder and CTO of Indivar a Software Development company based in India. I’ve been using Stoplight for more than 2 years for various clients in NZ.

Designing the APIs for IAG that are hosted on Azure cloud and are used to Integrate various on-prem core systems and provide access to internal developers and our partners. These APIs are not public.

I have twitter, github accounts but not active on them though you can find me on linkedIn under @vairi

Stripe, GitHub, SendGrid, Google APIs for various products …

Not at this stage but the APIs being developed are very complex with more than 200 models and some of the models having more than 9,000 attributes so swagger being generated was so big that Azure API management could not import it. To help that I have written a tool to split the swagger and also visualise the models showing their dependencies on other models etc. Hopefully I will be allowed at some point to share this.

None

Dogs…

(Nicolas Tisserand) #14

Hi @taylor ,

First of all, thank you for your invitation to this new community as early member.
I think it’s an excellent way to bring together Stoplight users. It was missing, IMO.
Also, it’s a good point to tweet regularly like you recently do.

Me, my work :

I work as Software Architect for a French banking group. We mainly use Stoplight to design and test our APIs. The documentation engine is not yet choosed.
I promote API strategy for my company by training other employees and I often try new features about API Management in general.

I can’t share anything, it’s for internal use only but I have been working on a Jenkins plugin here : https://github.com/jenkinsci/stoplightio-report-plugin (directly available for installation from the Jenkins Plugin repository)
I work sometimes with Marc about some tricky environment issues (working behind an enterprise proxy, hi @marc ).

You can find me on LinkedIn or a bit on Github. I’m not really active on Twitter.

What I’m expecting from this forum :

• more activity than in the Github issues section
  • share best practices with other users
  • provide or grab some help or suggestions
  • discuss some enhancements

Cats or dogs :

I eat neither one nor the other :wink:

a GIF ?

GIF are so useless : tree-giphy-downsized

Bonus :

Hi to all Stoplight members who work with me : @marc , @duanetharp , @ross , …

(Liam) #15

Hi Everyone

Thank you for the invite @Taylor.

I’m leading a team of passionate, nerdy, smart, and extremely competent microservice developers (Java). We’re primarily in the telecommunications space, so consistent API documentation, the quality, and presentation are as important as the content itself.

• What are you working on right now?

More microservices for more systems :wink:

• Where can we find you on the internet? (Your blog, Twitter, GitHub, projects website, etc)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/liamterblanche/

• Do you have any Stoplight related projects you can share? (APIs built on Stoplight, documentation, open source, etc)

Nope, not at the moment.

• Cats or dogs? (Photos of your own are totally acceptable responses too.)

Dogs, and Corgi’s in particular. @Taylor, looks like we’ve got more to discuss than just APIs.
This is my corgi called Delphi.

(Maggie) #16

Hi Taylor - it’s so awesome that you’ve created a community and a forum! I’m excited to be a part of the Stoplight community~

Working on telephony via API at a company called Twilio!

You can find me on twitter as @jandwiches :slight_smile:

I have been and still am a big fan of the Digital Ocean docs

Not yet, but I hope to!

both!!! :heart::heart:

(Sue) #17

Hello everyone! :wave:

Sue here, Developer Educator over at Dropsource. Delighted to be here and looking forward to seeing this community grow.

At Dropsource we use Stoplight a lot and regularly recommend it to our own users (we integrate with REST APIs using Swagger/OpenAPI specifications) - we even have a tutorial on using Stoplight for mock data.

You can get hold of me on Twitter @braindeadair, on GitHub, or on the Dropsource forum.

I used Stoplight to create this spec for a few endpoints in the GitHub API for one of our example apps (basically by copying/pasting example request/response json with a few tweaks, very handy that way for third party APIs):

And I use this emoji a lot :expressionless: - make of that what you will…!

(Akaki) #18

Hi everyone. :wave:
Glad to be part of the stoplight community.

So, the intro part: :slight_smile:

• I’m founder and COO of Singular Group. We are one of the leading B2B platform providers in iGaming industry, and also work on B2C projects in Fintech field.
  • You can check-out some info about the things we do @ www.singular.uk and @ culture.singular.uk

Things to share

Most of the project API docs that we work on are internal and can’t really share here. :slight_smile: but I’m super exited to try the new version of the hubs that you guys are working on.

favourite gif?

Cats or Dogs?

hmm, tough one. I’d go for the cats (for the easy maintenance) :smile_cat:

(Guttorm) #19

Hi. My name is Guttorm Haaversen, I work in Go Mobile AS, Kristiansand, Norway. The main product for our company is Mivai. I have worked with Stoplight for at least siz months and find it to be a very handy tool for endpoint application testing against multiple environments.

(Micwang) #20

Hi, I’m a SET at EA Canada, thanks for inviting me to the community,

I’ve been working on the API testing for one of our projects recently and been having very pleasant experience using stoplight, very great feature and support.

I can be reached at LinkedIn

Not quite sure, the recent one was from Amazon

Not yet, the current project is for internal use only

Nothing particular

I guess I like both, as long as they are adorable, but I don’t have one at present

(Mike Kent) #21

Hello all, glad to be here.

I’m leading a development team at Spredfast that deals with internal and external partners. Part of my purview is improving our externally facing APIs (I would provide a link, but they’re behind a login wall). The other part is developing connections to our Partners in order to bring their data into Spredfast and enrich our user’s experience.

Unifying our APIs into a single version with an entirely new POV.

Github

Stripe
Google
Twilio

:poop:

Cats

(John Mckinzie) #22

An internal RESTful API for the next version of our mobile apps.

Twitter

Anything produced using Stoplight (hoping for one-month free promo code). :wink:

Nothing I can share at this point. Maybe in the future.

Cats or dogs?

Both. But I have two cats that act like dogs.

(Marc) #23

Howdy everybody,

I am beyond excited to see so many familiar faces joining our fledgling community! Some of you may already know me from support chat or midnight video debug sessions from halfway around the world. My name is Marc and I’m the CEO here at Stoplight. I’m a software engineer at heart, and I enjoy building product and teams. I’m looking forward to increased transparency and dialogue moving forward, through this community and other outlets.

1000x things, but the most exciting thing that I am working on at the moment is a much improved onboarding experience for new signups, new organizations, and the editor itself. Time to smooth out the rough edges for those new to Stoplight!

Where can we find you on the internet?

On Github (although most of my work is private) and twitter.

Tricky question! Like many others, I enjoy Stripe’s documentation, but not necessarily for the visual presentation (in fact, I dislike the 3 column layout because it leads to massive amounts of whitespace while scrolling). I find the combination of Stripe’s client code generation + auto-populated data (my actual API key used through the docs, recent customer objects in examples, etc) to be a refreshing improvement over traditional static documentation.

Not yet, but as @ross indicated, keep an eye out for some open source stuff coming soon :slight_smile:.

Cats or dogs

:100: dogs