Pages open in weird spots

(Einnes) #1

Hello - I’m noticing when I click around links to open pages in a hub, the pages open at random places. It looks like maybe it remembers the last spot I was on for a page, but that’s sort of weird. It sometimes opens a page in the middle on a random heading even if I didn’t point to that anchor.

It seems like a bug? I’m not sure how to explain recreating it, but it happens a lot - example - https://enterprise.telesign.com/api-reference/sms-api/obtain-transaction-status-results

This page just randomly opens in the middle.

(Taylor Barnett) #2

Interesting. I’m not seeing that. I wonder if it has to do with caching. Do you have the same result when you use an incognito browser?

(Einnes) #3

Yes it does it on lots of diff machines too.

(Taylor Barnett) #4

Intersting… So when you open the link you shared, it lands further down on this page:

This screenshot is what I see.

(Einnes) #5

Right so that would be an example and it was doing it at random. Different computers were remembering at different spots.

(Einnes) #6

Do you need more examples? Or details for replicating?

(Taylor Barnett) #7

I haven’t been able to replicate it. :frowning:

I am going to ask the team if they have any ideas what could replicate it.

(Einnes) #8

Do you think it has to do with scrolling around in the site and opening up a few things and clicking around? That’s how it happens to me when it does - or other people. Usually they try to use the page anchors to go around with?

(Erik Hansen) #9

I believe I have noticed the same issue. The problem is not that a page opens in random places. Rather, the content of a page is being replaced in the body frame without resetting scrolling to the top of that new “page”. This is experienced even on the Stoplight documentation pages, using Chrome browser on Windows 10.

The expectation when clicking on a “different page” would be to reset scrolling to the top of that page.

(Einnes) #10

That’s it! That’s what I was trying to say but wasn’t doing a good job of - to me it just looks like it jumps around but yes it’s doing what you’re saying.

(Taylor Barnett) #11

I’ve opened a ticket internally to get this fixed.