Could not resolve values for path:"description"

(Tim Dale) #1

We are bedeviled by this error in oas2 specs. They are fully valid, but get the above error when in the ‘Read’ tab.

{
  "swagger": "2.0",
  "info": {
    "title": "Stoplight Error Demo API",
    "description": "This demonstrates the frustrating 'Could not resolve values for path:description' error that shows up in the 'Read' tab; for submission to stoplight.io support",
    "version": "1.0"
  },
  "host": "example.com",
  "paths": {},
  "definitions": {
    "Alpha": {
      "description": "This is the description of Alpha",
      "type": "object",
      "properties": {
        "foobar": {
          "type": "string",
          "description": "This is the first property in the Alpha object",
          "example": "foobar"
        }
      }
    }
  }
}
(Taylor Barnett) #2

Hey @tim.dale! I pasted this into a new specification and am not seeing the error. I might need to see it in your project. I’m going to DM you for a link to that.

(Taylor Barnett) #3

Oh! I think I figured it out. Does it say it is a warning? If you click edit rule, this is a style guide option under Operations:

Operation description must be present and non-empty string.

You can turn it off. Although it is a confusing that it lists it as an “error” when you look in the sidebar of warnings.

I wasn’t able to replicate because in your example, you did not have an operation without a description.

(Taylor Barnett) #4

Last reply, I promise. :laughing:

I just checked in next upcoming major version of the editor, this is more clear. We don’t label it in the same way as the current one does, which will help you see which is only a warning, not an “error.”

(Tim Dale) #5

Yeah, I’d already tried the lint rule, but the document was already showing as valid.

However, the issue goes away if I change the environment to the “default”. Here’s our .stoplight file:

{
  "stoplight": "1.0",
  "environments": {
    "default": {
      "host": "http://todos.stoplight.io",
      "todosApiKey": 123
    },
    "staging": {},
    "production": {}
  }
}